Voter Information

Register to Vote

For complete information on voter registration and elections, visit The Washington Secretary of State – Elections & Voting

Who can register to vote?

U.S. citizens 18 and older who are residents of Washington State and have their full civil rights are eligible to vote. Persons convicted of a felony lose their civil rights and the right to vote and their voter registration is canceled. Once their rights are restored by the court where they were convicted, and upon completion of their sentences, individuals must re-register to vote. Individuals may register if their sentences have been overturned or they have been pardoned.

What are the registration deadlines?

You must register at least 30 days before an election. If you are a new Washington state voter, and you miss the 30-day deadline, you may register in person at the Elections Office up to 15 days before the election, but you will have to vote in that election by absentee ballot, which you must request at the time you register. You may register if you are 17 years old but will turn 18 on or before the next Election Day.

What should I bring to the polls?

State law requires voters to show identification when they vote at the polls. Acceptable forms of ID include: any form of photo identification, including but not limited to a driver’s license, state identification card, student identification card, tribal identification card, voter registration card (excluding records flagged for first identification check), a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document. If you do not provide identification, a provisional ballot will be issued. If your name is not in the poll book when you go to the polling place, you can vote with a provisional ballot.

Where can I register to vote?

Voter registration forms are available online in several languages through Washington Secretary of State. Find your form here!


If you are in the military or living overseas and you are registered to vote, you can have your absentee ballot mailed to you. Additional voting options are available upon request, if an absentee ballot does not arrive on time. Military and overseas voters can request that their ballot be faxed or emailed, or they have the option to cast a federal write-in ballot.


Whitman County Auditors Office at: Whitman County Elections 310 N Main St Colfax, WA 99111

Phone:509-397-6353 Fax: 509-397-5281 Email: Whitman County Auditors Website

Local and State election and Candidate information Vote 411