Donate to the League of Women Voters of Pullman using a Debit or Credit card
click the DONATE button below
The League of Women Voters chapters all over the United States will soon be celebrating the
centennial (2020) of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution which enfranchised women. In Pullman,
plans are now underway to add our voices to this significant event.
One very special activity being considered involves inviting a professional entertainer from
the Seattle area to come to Pullman and share a presentation tailored around efforts regarding
suffrage in the Pacific Northwest. To this end, our goal is to raise $3,000 for expenses related
to this activity and others during this celebratory time.
The League actively works on your behalf and offers many learning opportunities, including the following:
- Observer Corps: The Corps is currently observing 11 public agencies’ open meetings and was
recognized by the Washington State League with an award in 2017. (See monthly reports on our
- High School Civics Classes: League members participate in a history and process presentation
for Pullman High School civics classes each semester and register dozens of students to vote.
- Voter registration: We register new voters at multiple times and in various locations each year.
- Public Monthly Information Meetings: Our monthly meetings (1st Monday) and noon “Brown Bag” meetings
(3rd Thursday) address local and national topics.
- Poverty Study: A two-year study in Whitman County published in 2016, the League is still presenting
the results to town and county governments.
- Directory of Elected and Appointed Officials: This directory is available at many sites including
the Chamber of Commerce, Neill Public Library, and the Clerk’s Office.
- Our Website: contains valuable information on the
activities of the League.
Please consider a special gift to help us make the centennial celebration extremely memorable. Your generosity will be appreciated!